Friday, February 26, 2010

Officially DTC

Well, today we received the e-mail from America World that our dossier is on it's way to China. What a relief!!!! Once it arrives in China, it will be translated, and then reviewed. Then they will review Aiden's file with our file and approve us to adopt him. Sounds simple right? It will probably take about 2-3 months. We will then get what's called a RA (referral approval). We have already been pre-approved to adopt him, but that really just means that he is on hold for us until they reveiew our files. After we receive this approval, we will file our next application with USCIS (immigration) indicating the specific child we are adopting. More paperwork, but I'm trying not to worry about that until the time arrives, since I can't do anything about it now. So, we would appreciate your prayers as our paperwork travels thousands of miles over the next few days, and we begin the next period of waiting. Pray for a speedy RA, so we can go bring our boy home.

Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Yay, God!!! I thought and prayed about this yesterday. I am so excited to hear that you are officially DTC! Go, China! Go!!!

    I say, "Go, China," but I am in total agreement with you that we know Whose Hands are guiding this entire process. The Father is holding Aiden and has been since before he was born. Aiden as well as Kyle, Cambrie and my Cate belong to Him. We are just the immensely blessed ones to be chosen to get to be their parents.

    Love you guys.
    Love you, Aiden Thomas!

    Aunt Zam
    and Cousin Cate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your DTC! I just posted on our timeline on my blog if you want to take a look. We are hoping to travel in April and are so ready for the paper trail to end and allow our life with our daughter to begin. I know God's timing is perfect and He is teaching us so much on this journey we are traveling.

    Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation Kelly and FAMILY! I just noticed today when the list came out that your son is from the same orphanage our daughter is from. Forgive me if I don't put two and two together--but have you found the Xian CWI Association Group on yahoo yet? If not--you might join--there are hundreds of pictures some new some old that might have some photos of your son in them. Including our photos form a digital/disposable camera we sent to the orphanage--that they took pictures of our daughter and her friends and gave to us on Gotcha Day--well they forgot to bring it with them--but they had it delivered (along with her silver bracklet--which there are two--she gets one--the other stays at the orphange for when she returns to visit when she's older--I thought this was precious) the next day. He might be in some of those or some from others who traveled even more recently than us. We were in Xi'An to bring Izabella home on October 26 - October 31. But I know a family just got back from a trip in January that actually got to go to the orphanage. I think I also have links to some YouTube video of a recent visit to the orphanage--our daughter was not in the footage--she was home with us--but it was wonderful to see a little of her routine and environment.

    PM me if you need more or want more info on the group--or if I can answer any questions.

    You can also get to know us a little on our adoption blog--
    http://www.cotaarndtadd1.blogspot.com

    Sorry this is such a long post.

    Lisa A
    Izabella's Mom (and AWAA WC Program Family)

    ReplyDelete